Re: [OxLUG] Is this for real: oxlug mail settings changed

Author: Philip Wigg
To: mgpoolman, Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Is this for real: oxlug mail settings changed
I had my SBS users asking me about this one too. I have to say it's
quite well written and convincing in the way it makes use of the
recipient's domain in a way that's quite plausible to the
non-technical. Plus, I.T. administrators do send this kind of email
out, it could easily be geninue in work-places everywhere.

LloydsTSB had a warning this morning about phishing, containing a line
like "we will only send emails from these email addresses" thus
falsely creating the impression that From: addresses are in some way
reliable. And that's from the security department of a major bank!

I do feel sorry for the users sometimes.