Re: [OxLUG] Web platforms

Author: Jamie Lokier
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Web platforms
Sad Clouds wrote:
> If you're paying too much (Zeus) or not paying anything (Apache) for your
> software, what would make you switch to a commercial web server.

There's a little gem hidden there.

All replies on this thread have been how nobody needs any more
solutions to the web frontend problem, either because it's cheap to
use more hardware (compared with other costs as you scale), or because
the existing (free) solutions are good enough.

But if that's true - why would *anyone* pay for Zeus?

I presume nobody who replied is using Zeus or anything like it.

But who is? Those people presumably think it's worth paying for - or
at least, was worth paying for when they started.

Assuming they evaluated and decided it was worth paying for - how did
they reach that conclusion?

-- Jamie