Re: [OxLUG] Web platforms

Author: Hubert Matthews
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Web platforms
Jamie Lokier wrote:
> But if that's true - why would *anyone* pay for Zeus?
>
> I presume nobody who replied is using Zeus or anything like it.
>
> But who is? Those people presumably think it's worth paying for - or
> at least, was worth paying for when they started.

Zeus is fast and various companies like BT use it. The web server isn't
the jewel in the crown, however. It's things like Zeus' traffic manager
and global load balancing that are the key technologies. If you do a deal
with Zeus they'll probably throw in the web server stuff for a song.

BTW, no-one has mentioned Cherokee as a fast web server. They are
claiming to faster than everyone else.

--
Hubert Matthews         http://www.oxyware.com/
Software Consultant