Re: [OxLUG] NTL/virgin cable

Author: ael
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] NTL/virgin cable
On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 12:26:34PM +0100, Simon Dales wrote:
> Most of the time their wires work fine, and good if you like their cable TV
> packages, but you are really in the poo if you ever have to talk to "customer
> services".

Agreed, but so long a you still had some sort of access, you never had
to do that. The secret was to go to the cable group on their nntp
server. You got to talk clueful people with remote diagnosis tools
at their fingertips, the ability to use them, and the authority to book
an engineer on the spot.

Still, I might join the flight if their email migrates and degrades to
google mail: so far I still seem to have the old ntl service, but I
gather the ex-blueyonder people have been downgraded.

Adrian