Re: [OxLUG] NTL/virgin cable

Author: Peter Tucker
To: oxlug@lists.oxlug.org
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] NTL/virgin cable

My experience after being away for the weekend the BB went down sometime
soon after midnight on Friday.

Called customer services Wednesday described by prob, the tech said he could
see my CM a very old Surfboard that I think I got when it was Comtel? He
said it was 10 years old.

After I said I'd tried all the usual things to fix it, he immediately said
without missing a beat that he would despatch a new modem. I'm waiting
hopefully.

on 02/05/2010 18:48, Jim Hague at wrote:

> On Sunday 02 May 2010 18:17:07 David North wrote:
>> On 02/05/2010 18:09, Philip Allen wrote:
>>> My cable is down - Virgin say it is a national problem affecting all
>>> ex-NTL customers. Is anyone having the same problem ?
>>
>> Our cable down here in Grandpont is very much alive...
>
> FWIW, I'm another Grandpont user (Chilswell Road), and my cable is running
> fine too.
>
>> [...] our rDNS changed from blah.oxfd.cable.ntl.com to
>> blah.know.cable.virginmedia.com some months ago now, so perhaps our
>> part of the infrastructure has been de-NTL-ified?
>
> $ host 82.10.105.171
> Name: cpc1-oxfd2-0-0-cust426.oxfd.cable.ntl.com
> Address: 82.10.105.171
>
> I dunno whatever happened to you, but it isn't even Grandpont-wide.

Best wishes Peter

--

Peter Tucker,    Oxford UK