Re: [OxLUG] Unix command line options/arguments

Author: Sad Clouds
To: oxlug
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Unix command line options/arguments
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 14:30:03 +0100
Graham Beint <> wrote:

> > but a section must not contain sub-sections inside it, i.e. section
> > cannot recurse:
>
> Why not you may want a value to be a structure.

Because I think it might get a bit messy. Sections are used to simply
group similar items together, you can structure your data inside
sections:

logging
{
    buffer_size:    2K;
    flush_intv:    5;

    server_log:
        file:/var/log/ws.log1,
        file:/var/log/ws.log2,
        syslog:facility=log_daemon & level=log_info;
}

the above could be specified as C structures:

struct loggin
{
    int buffer_size;
    int flush_intv;
    struct server_log
    {
        struct file_log *file_log; /* dynamic array */
        struct system_log *system_log; /* dynamic array */
    };
};

> XML?
>
> Simple to load none or more XML structures and merge/overlay them
> from string, file or URL.

Yeah I thought about it, you can do it with XML but it's too verbose.
You look at XML config files and it makes your head hurt.