Re: [OxLUG] New PC won't even boot to BIOS

Author: Mr Smin
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] New PC won't even boot to BIOS
I had a board that needed the RAM sticks swapped round at the same time
as restoring the BIOS from the supplied CD in order to make it boot
(symptoms like yours: no beeps).

Do check that the PC's little internal speaker is connected though!
Beeps during startup give you diagnostic information - consult the
motherboard manual for details for your board.

In any event, as mentioned by others, a brand new machine should power
up or be swapped for a working one by the supplier. They should be
reasonable about this from the off, but look up a few of the consumer
advice sites if you need to prepare yourself for a battle of wits.

Mr Smin