Re: [OxLUG] Unusual connection problems

Author: Chris Crosskey
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Unusual connection problems
Do your routers have “God” ports, I had problems a bit like this when I managed to recable my routers together via the wrong ports and everything would stop working properly each time a DHCP refresh went out…. Took me a while to realise what I’d done… From memory you need to plug the “God” port into the router above it until finally one of them has its one plugged into the DSL/cable modem.