Re: [OxLUG] Invalid SSL certificate?

Author: ael
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Invalid SSL certificate?
On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 06:04:45PM +0000, Martin Hepworth wrote:
> Still same issue they are not loading the Comodo intermediate CAs
>

> On Saturday, 2 March 2013, Mick Brooks wrote:

[..snip..]

> > I think I read that the intermediate certificates, if presented properly
> > by one server, could then be used in the chain for another that wasn't
> > doing it for itself. I don't know enough to say whether that's plausible,
> > but it might fit here.

Sounds very likely. If tekshop can't fix things more than a week after
we diagnosed the problem and I passed on the info, I not sure that I
want to bother with them any further.

I have just tried on another machine, and indeed it still fails. So
presumably I did not visit another site with the same intermediates on
that box. So that seems to confirm the explanation. If I have a spare
minute, I might try deleting the cert on the first machine and trying
again.

ael