Re: [OxLUG] Systemd crash

Author: chris@chriswareham.net
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Systemd crash
On 09 October 2014 at 10:55 ael <> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 10:25:33AM +0100, wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone experienced systemd crashing and causing their machine to shut
> > down?
>
> Not actually seen that, but almost everything else :-(
>
> systemd seems to be pretty much permanently broken on all my
> debian testing boxes. But it changes day to day (presumably with
> updates). Gave up trying to bug report long ago.
>
> Sorry not to be more constructive or helpful :-(
>
> Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I've been uncomfortable with the direction that systemd has been taking for a
while - Poettering strikes me as another Drepper, who only gets his way because
he works at RedHat. System V init wasn't the greatest, but systemd seems to more
of an empire building exercise than an attempt to provide an elegant alternative
to sysvinit.

Cheers,

Chris