Re: [OxLUG] new release

Author: David Newman
To: oxlug
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] new release
Webcam work in Skype under 14.04 and 14.10, but not in all applications.
It seems to be a problem related to the ownership and permissions of the
devices /dev/video*

Too many applications pick the first one of those in the video group, so
they treat my TV tuner card as a webcam, and ignore the real webcam.

David

--
Dr. David R. Newman, Oxford <>
http://www.greenoxfordshire.com/