Re: [OxLUG] networking Linux and windows

Author: Ginny Ross
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] networking Linux and windows
Hi,

The most immediate option at my level of competence is to use the file
manager graphical tool. I can see the windows machine and WORKGROUP
within a Windows network. so that's looking promising. I get a
dialogue box requiring a password for the Windows machine. The username
supplied is the one on the Linux computer and doesn't match anything on
Windows machine; domain supplied is WORKGROUP, which is the workgroup in
the Windows machine; empty box for password.

There are several users on the Windows machine, all with different
passwords. The machine of itself doesn't have a password, nor have I
ever set one for WORKGROUP. Which parameters go together?

Thanks
Ginny