[OxLUG] [Re: devuan suitable for deployment?]

Author: Mark Poolman
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: [OxLUG] [Re: devuan suitable for deployment?]

Thanks Michael and Simon.

I'm running a pretty conventional setup with a server providing
nat/dhcp/dns/nfs/yp to about 15 workstations. These nfs mount /home
via /etc/rc.local from where they find another script that nfs
mounts /usr and does some trivial local house keeping.

My reluctance to use systemd is mainly that the documentation seems to
be fragmented and lacking a decent overview, and I'm never keen on
learning a system by hacking it about until it Seems To Work. On the
other hand I know that my existing configuration files for sysv will
Just Work, or require minimal tweezing at most.

However, it doesn't look as if systemd is going away any time soon, and
I suspect that hybrid solutions may be overly complex for my needs.

Something to mull over at the pub tonight ...

Mark