Re: [OxLUG] Dead or dieing MacBook Ubuntu

Author: Tim Pizey
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
CC: Sam Morris
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Dead or dieing MacBook Ubuntu
I ended up reinstalling.

Following https://orville.thebennettproject.com/articles/installing-ubuntu-14-04-lts-on-a-2011-macbook-pro/
everything worked pretty well.
I did do a few unsceduled edits of root grub configs but everything
went smoothly.

Previously I had not completely disabled the NVIDIA card so the
machine ran very hot and noisy for a macbook. It is now silent and
only warm.
The other good tip was upgrading the wifi, the whole machine is now
much nippier.

The OSX side of the dual boot is still completely fritzed. I guess I
will take it up to Computer Assistance but the urgency has gone away.

cheers
Tim

--
Tim Pizey