Re: [OxLUG] Dull scanner colour with scanimage

Author: Philip Allen
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Dull scanner colour with scanimage
Thanks ael, Colin,

FTR

1. Cleaning the internal glass helps. The pictures come out slightly
less dull.

2. Adding "--brightness 1 --sharpness 2" to the scanimage instruction is
also a good idea.

3. Most importantly, don't try to colour match photographic prints by
artificial light. When I looked at them in the sunshine, it turned out
that the V700 was a much better match than the HP MFP.

4. Having said that, the V700 library (sane-epkowa) supports arguments
like "--color-correction "User defined" --cct-8 -0.15" which improved
the colour balance further.

5. In theory there is an EPSON ICC file which can be applied - but I
couldn't find one so I decided not to go further in that direction.

6. I could find no evidence that the bulb was going off.

Regards

plega

--
Philip Allen