Re: [OxLUG] Problem Running Chrome

Author: John Winters
To: oxlug
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Problem Running Chrome
On 12/06/2019 15:47, Mick Ab wrote:
> I installed Google's Chrome web browser in December 2017
> on a Linux (Debian Jessie) system as google-chrome-stable.

Have you been updating it since then? What version of chrome do you
currently have installed?

> This week, I have found a couple of problems running google-chrome-stable :-
>
> (1) The three dots menu.
>
>     I can only get this menu by pressing Alt + F on the keyboard.
>     Even then I cannot access any of the sub-menus. Can anyone please
>     suggest how I can access them.

What happens when you click on the three dots? Does your mouse work
correctly in other applications?

> (2) Email inbox.
>
>     I just get a blank page so am unable to access any emails.
>     Any suggestions please as to how I can access my emails ?

What e-mail system are you trying to use? Chrome is not an e-mail
client, but you can use it to access various webmail services. Which
one are you using, and are there any other web pages you are having
difficulty accessing?

Cheers,
John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.