Re: [OxLUG] Email problem

Author: Simon Iremonger
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] Email problem
> I am using opera-stable_45.0.2552.888_amd64.deb  on a Debian Jessie
> system to access my emails from a Microsoft Exchange OWA Light system.
> Firstly, when the 'O' at the top left hand corner of the Opera browser
> is clicked, nothing happens. [...]

I'd definitely reccoment getting your Debian correctly
updated and then try firefox-esr there in LTS.

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

should offer all sorts to update in first instance,
ptess enter ant let it happen etc.

apt-get install firefox-esr

I believe chromium is not supported on jessie.

Note too, an update jessie->stretch then stretch->buster
(buster very shortly to be released) may be well be in order,
give you much updated tools.

I once used something in deb/ubuntu to make outlook webmail
appear as imap to thunderbird/etc...

I know you can imap into many outlook systems, instead of
needing OWA etc.

But again, get your updating of jessie sorted out first,
and respond about that point... Not doing that will
cause all sorts of headaches...

--Simon