[OxLUG Announce] Bob Chassell on Free Software

Daniel Kolb oxlug@lists.compsoc.net
Sun, 21 May 2000 21:35:13 +0100 (BST)

Tuesday, May 23rd
8:30pm
Comlab

http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/about/directions.html

Abstract:

Robert J. Chassell, founding Director and Treasurer of the Free
Software Foundation, will speak on the nature of free software. The
nature of free software is such that it can be modified and
redistributed at will. Chassell will discuss application to the
business of writing computer software and to the wider software
landscape as a whole. He will also speak of the dangers inherent in a
world where we increasingly see our freedoms and rights being
compromised and how free software can make a difference.

Robert Chassell writes and edits. He is the author of "Programming in
Emacs Lisp: An Introduction". He graduated from Cambridge, has his own
aeroplace and an abiding interest in social and economic history.

Apologies for the late notice of this event, but we've only just confirmed
it.