[OxLUG Announce] Oxlug list move.

Dominic Hargreaves oxlug@lists.oxlug.org
Tue Sep 11 21:22:01 2001

We're pleased to announce that the OxLUG mailing list has finally moved
over to Mailman, a move which we've been planning for a while. This brings
us benefits including web-based management and archives and also reduces
the amount of work for the list admins dealing with bounces, approval &
spam etc.

The new main list address is:

    oxlug@lists.oxlug.org

Whilst the oxlug@oxlug.org (and oxlug@lists.ox.compsoc.net) will continue
to work, you should change addressbooks and the like to instead use
oxlug@lists.oxlug.org. The other addresses are now considered deprecated,
and will cease to work in a few weeks.

The main list will continue to receive announce posts.

You will notice that this message has different mail headers, from
previous ones, and so will probably not be filtered correctly. The
recommended rule on which to base filtering (for procmail etc) is:

The web site for the lists is at http://lists.oxlug.org/. From there you
can read list archives, subscribe, unsubscribe, set options such as
password changing, disabling of delivery (nomail) if you want to stop
receiving messages temporarily, and digest mode, if you prefer to receive
list messages batched together into larger messages.

You have also been assigned a password for the lists, which you can have
mailed to you from the above site. If you haven't been on a mailman list
before, I recommend you take a look!

You can also perform most of these functions by email. To get information
on how to set such options, send an email to oxlug-request@lists.oxlug.org
with a body of 'help'.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind people that for off-topic
chat, the list oxlug-chat@lists.oxlug.org exists. You can find the URL for
it from the above page.

If you have any problems with the lists, please email
oxlug-admin@lists.oxlug.org or oxlug-announce-admin@lists.oxlug.org

Regards,

Dom.

--
... Hard work has a future payoff.  Laziness pays off now.