[OxLUG Announce] Tonight's meeting

Alasdair G Kergon oxlug@lists.oxlug.org
Sun Apr 4 13:41:01 2004

No talk this month, so we'll meet in the Lamb and Flag from
around 7.30-8pm onwards.

  http://www.ox.compsoc.net/oxfordguide/?Lamb_And_Flag

Discussion Topic:  plans for Software Freedom Day (Sat 28th Aug)

  http://softwarefreedomday.org/

  The first annual Software Freedom Day will be held on August 28, 2004.

  The Software Freedom Day initiative intends to make the world aware of the
  existence, availability, and high quality of Free and Open Source Software
  (FOSS), and to encourage its use by as many people as possible. It is a global
  grassroots marketing campaign.

  We intend to give away informational fliers and CDs with selected FOSS, such
  as TheOpenCD or Knoppix, in public places on SFD. It will be up to the
  individual teams to chose how they wish to organize the PR effort locally,
  but we will assist with bulk production of posters, T-shirts, CDs and
  whatever else will be required.

Linux Exhibition at Olympia
Tues April 20 - Weds April 21

Free advance registration: http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/
Followed on Tuesday by .org Party (Pizza; tickets GBP 15)
  http://www.linuxexpo.org.uk/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=28

Alasdair
--
agk@oxlug.org