[OxLUG Announce] Sunday 13th June: Why should SMEs use Open Source?

Dominic Hargreaves oxlug@lists.oxlug.org
Fri Jun 11 17:14:02 2004

Why should SMEs use Open Source?
John McCarthy
Date: Sunday 13th May
Time: 6.30pm
Venue: Comlab (entrance from the door by the car park)
Afterwards: In the Lamb and Flag, St Giles'

There is much discussion about Open Source applications moving into
mainstream computer usage.

However for those SMEs who do not have any in house ICT support there
is little or no knowledge of the open source movement.

Our research shows that not only is this true but network connectivity
in certain parts of the SME sector is falling. Conclusions drawn from
this could be that SME's are not choosing to adopt B2B applications or
that the plateau has been reached. This talk will focus on results drawn
from our research and ask the audience for their views on what open
source can do for an SME moving into B2B.