[OxLUG Announce] Linux at the Movies, London, Sat 17th Dec 2005

Alasdair G Kergon oxlug@lists.oxlug.org
Fri Dec 9 16:23:01 2005

 The next GLLUG meeting will be held on
 December 17th between 13:30 and 17:30 at New Cavendish Street campus of
 Westminster University. This is located in the shadow of the BT Tower.

 http://www.gllug.org.uk/meeting-20051217.html

 The nearest tube stations are Great Portland Street, Warren Street and Goodge
 Street. Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Circus are also within easy walking
 distance. http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?postcode2map?W1W+6UW

This event is FREE to members and non-members.

--------------------------
Speakers:
--------------------------
The theme for this meeting is "Linux at the movies".

We have two talks lined up for this meeting.

The first is by Robin Rowe. Robin is the founder of LinuxMovies.org (an
 association of motion picture technologists), the project manager of
 CinePaint, and was a columnist for Linux Journal. His talk is based on Linux
 and CinePaint and titled "OSS in Motion Pictures"

The second speaker is our own Jason Clifford. Founder of UKFSN.org (an ISP
 which dontates all its profits to the support of Free Software). The short
 talk is on making a home video using consumer kit on Linux (DV camcorder,
 firewire, kino, output to VCD/DVD).

After the talks we'll be heading over to the (5 minutes away) Green Man Pub
 for drinks and then off for food at a to be decided restaurant.

Thanks for this meeting go to:
* Sean Tohill for providing, and being very flexible with, the venue.
* The speakers for donating their time.