Re: [OxLUG] {DMARK FAILED] Advice re ISPs

Author: Chris Crosskey
To: Oxfordshire Linux User Group Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] {DMARK FAILED] Advice re ISPs
I’ve been using Linux with Virgin since moving to my current address 10 years ago, back in the day there were occasional issues regarding WiFi depending on whether a bunch of kernel-purity-cultists had temporarily ousted the wifi-pragmatists on any given distro steering committee, but those days are pretty much in the past. The router is just another switch, don’t plug your PC into the God-port if you have a two-part modem+router combo and everything is likely to be just fine….. Virgin have had the occasionally outage, they replaced my wifi hub a few years ago, but no problems with connecting Linux to the ethernet, and the ones from WiFi were always the distro rather than Virgin’s fault…. I’d suggest putting them on whatever the recent LTS for your chosen distro is and once it’s working then it’ll stay working…