Re: [OxLUG] VOIP

Author: Tina Friedrich
To: oxlug
Subject: Re: [OxLUG] VOIP
...sorry do you need an app at all? The Android dialer can do SIP
natively, to the best of my knowledge. My phone's not really Android,
it's an /e/ phone which is a de-googled Android, but the Dialer is the
default Android dialer application. I have our (A&A of course) SIP based
'landline' phone number defined as a second account in that and that
works fine, generally.

(Other than that - e.g on the PC - we like Linphone.)

Note that they will all drain your battery to some extend; that's
because they need to stay connected to the SIP proxy to be able to
receive calls. If you can do without receiving calls, much better
battery life :)

Tina